Material Donation Policy
The Caroline County Public Library accepts limited numbers of fiction and non-fiction books and DVDs in “LIKE NEW” condition.
Please bring materials into the library; do not use our book drops for donations.
Library staff will give you a receipt for number of items donated upon request. We do not quote a value.
We do not accept the following:
- VHS or cassette tapes
- non-fiction books more than 5 years old
- material with yellow or discolored pages
- material with mold or mildew
- material with smoke or mildew odor
- material writing, underlining, or highlighting
- material with ripped off covers or ripped pages
- material with water damage
Magazines may go directly into the free bin located in the Book Sale areas at all locations.
Alternative Places you can donate materials:
- Samaritan House
- Discover Book Bins, located in the Central Library parking lot, Federalsburg Branch parking lot, and in parking lot across from Royal Farms in Denton at the corner of 5th Street and Market Street.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake Located in the Denton Plaza
Revised and approved by the Board of Library Trustees: January 22, 2019