Resources for Learning at Home
Due to the COVID public health emergency, the 2020-2021 school year will be very different for students and families.
The Caroline County Public Library is here to support students and families throughout the school year.
Explore our resources on this page, and reach out to a librarian on the phone (410-479-1343 ext. 106), via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or via chat (click the chat bubble on this page)for more help!
Recommended websites to support learning at home
Tips and Information
- Back to School Recovery Plan Summary from Caroline County Public Schools
- Parents’ Back to School Backpack from MSDE (Tips for Successful Learning at Home)
- Families and Remote Learning from ReadWorks (Free Online Reading Passages, Books, and Question Sets to Support Reading Comprehension)
- Parent Tips and Tricks for Distance Learning from Common Sense Education
- Distance Learning: 8 Tips to Help Your Child Learn at Home from understood.org
- How to Help Children with Attention Problems Navigate Remote Learning from NYU Langone Health
- MD Home Instruction from MSDE
- Homeschooling: Local information from Caroline County Public Schools
- Homeschooling Coordinators by County – List from MSDE
- MD Homeschool Resource Network – Resources from the Many Paths of Natural Learning Umbrella and Support Group
- MD Homeschool Association – Supporting the Needs of Families Who Educate Their Children at Home
- Hand in Hand Homeschool – Quick Start Guides for Homeschooling in MD and Many Other Resources
- MD Home Education Association (MHEA) – Support and Resouces for Homeschooling in MD
More grades coming soon