Social Media Policy
Social media is defined as websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
- Social media presences maintained by Caroline County Public Library exist for the express purpose of promoting Library materials, programs and services to our community. All other use of Library branded presences is in violation of this policy.
- Caroline County Public Library reserves the right to monitor content on all branded social media presences, and to modify or remove any messages or postings that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be: commercial in nature, abusive, defamatory, obscene, potentially libelous, in violation of the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property right of any third party, or otherwise inappropriate for appearance on a Library branded presence.
- Caroline County Public Library also reserves the right to edit or modify any submitted content in response to requests for feedback or other commentary.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Caroline County Public Library is not obligated to take any such actions, and will not be responsible or liable for content posted by any subscriber in any forum, message board, or other area of any social media.
- Caroline County Public Library reserves the right to disallow access to the Library branded presence to individuals who repeatedly post material, which violates the previously mentioned policies.
- Caroline County Public Library will cooperate fully with any law enforcement inquiry regarding use of its social media presence in accordance with its existing privacy and data retention policies.
Revised and approved by the Board of Library Trustees: August 14, 2019