The Caroline County Public Library has had a long relationship with the arts through its programming of performing arts and hanging exhibits of photos and paintings in its Central Library Meeting Room. It also has had a long time relationship with the Caroline County Council of the Arts in mutual support of the arts in our county.
The Library has three branches: Central Library in Denton, Federalsburg Branch, and North County Branch in Greensboro.
Currently the Central Library is equipped to exhibit framed works in its large meeting room, the second floor hallway leading to the large meeting room, and small study room on the first floor.
The Federalsburg Branch has a meeting room that would accommodate a smaller exhibit.
Guidelines and Process
- Please read the Art Exhibition Policy
- Submit resume and artwork portfolio to Art Exhibit Committee
- The exhibit facilities are for hanging art only. We cannot accommodate 3-dimensional artwork, such as sculpture
- The artwork is intended for a public and family audience
- The exhibit will be on display for 4-6 weeks
Art will be selected based on meeting the library’s Strategic Plan under Education and Enrichment, so selection will focus on art from Caroline County Public Schools and Homeschoolers and local artist’s work depicting Caroline County’s natural and historical heritage.
- Requests for art displays must be approved by the Caroline County Public Library Staff Art Exhibit Committee
- The Art Exhibit committee will coordinate the exhibit dates with the artist and book the Study Room and / or Meeting Room for the set up, reception (if any), and take down dates
- Terms of Agreement will be issued and signed by the artist and chairperson
Set up / Take Down:
• The artist is responsible for hanging their own work
• The library will provide the hanging elements
• Any other wall attachments must be approved by Executive Director or designee prior to display day
• The Art Exhibit committee will preview the exhibit before it is open to the public
Opening Receptions will be coordinated by the artist and the Art Exhibit Committee.