Youth Volunteer Program
Currently, the Caroline County Public Library only offers a youth volunteer program.
Volunteers assist with various tasks including:
- Preparation of materials for programs
- Helping us keep the easy room toys clean
- Emptying recycling bins
- Pulling materials off the shelf for weeding
- Other duties as requested by the person in charge
How to Become a Youth Volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application and submit it to the library branch in which you wish to volunteer. Application must include contact information and parent signature.
- The application will be reviewed and the volunteer will be contacted to schedule an orientation. The orientation includes a tour of the library, a review of the volunteer handbook, and an introduction to the volunteer notebook which includes how to sign up for hours and how to log completed hours to receive credit for your time worked.
- After orientation is completed, the student may begin signing up to volunteer.
Requesting Service Learning Hours
When the student is ready to report their service learning hours, they must request that the Volunteer Coordinator complete a service learning form. The Volunteer Coordinator will compile the earned hours and complete the project supervisor section of the form. The student is responsible for completing their sections of the form, obtaining their parent’s signature, and submitting it to their school for credit.