Caroline County Public Library is a member of the Maryland Interlibrary Loan Organization MILO. The software used to manage interlibrary loan request is called MARINA.
Before placing a Marina request:
Check our catalog first. Titles owned by Caroline County Public Library may not be requested through Marina.
Some Maryland Libraries lend AV materials. Some do not.
Only items that are currently checked in are eligible for requests.
Reference materials and magazines may not be requested. Please check our library databases for magazine and journal articles.
How to place a Marina request:
1. Log in to the Marina site by entering your library card number.
Note: If a message is displayed stating patron ID is invalid for this library, please see one of the library staff. Call the library at 410.479.1343, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Click Login
3. Enter search terms in the text box
4. Click Search
5. Scroll down the search results to find the item you want to request
6. Click on the title to open details about the item
7. Available items are listed as “Requestable” in the ‘Marina Availability’ column
8. Select a pickup location from the dropdown menu
9. Click Request
Only items currently checked in at their home library are “Requestable”.
Maryland libraries choose what materials they are willing to lend via Marina. These materials will be listed as “Not Requestable” in the Marina search results. If you find that no items are requestable and click on the link to place an ILL request, you are using the OCLC system.
How to Check the Status of a Marina request:
Please contact the library if you need to cancel a request placed through Marina.